Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Fluff....

Yeah, this title is literal, I'm afraid. There's A LOT of the white stuff floating around in the air and covering the ground this morning! This is typical where I live, but damn, I'm sick of this stuff. I'm SO ready for spring. ACK!

So, I do have some fluffy details to hand out. First, have you signed up for Sophie's newsletter? Because a special announcement newsletter is going out next week, and there's a contest for just newsletter subscribers! If you want in on some of the goods, sign up. I promise not to flood your inbox with newsletters, because one, I'm really unimaginative when it comes to my newsletter, and two, I'm lazy when I have to gather up all that information and shoot it off to my most excellent newsletter mistress!

So...more fluff....hmmmm. I'm running a contest for Charlotte on Goodreads. Two advanced (and mailed early, too) copies of Sinful. I'm shipping to US, Canada, Great Britain, and parts of Europe. So, if you're wanting to fondle Wallingford weeks before other readers will get to, go to Goodreads and sign up for the contest!

In other good news, and because of all the incredible support from the blogging community, and all those pre-orders of Velvet Haven, NAL has contracted me to write the second book of the Immortals of Annwyn series. Thus far there is no title as yet, but we did talk cover art yesterday. I can't wait to see it, and I hope, hope, hope that it compares to Velvet Haven's cover.




I can tell you that most of the book will be spent in Annwyn. The heroine is a goddess, and her name is Bronwnn. The hero, is Bran's cousin, Rhys, who is a mortal and runs Velvet Haven. I've added a few pics of what I imagine the goddesses temple to look like. Basically my inspiration was where the Elves live in Lord of the Rings, but in my vision, it's definitely more Celtic, with a heavy dose of mysticism and female sensuality. Bronwnn is the goddess of sexuality and fertility, so I'm envisioning some very sexy scenes! I'm using the music of Lorenna McKennitt to insprire my Annwyn world.






Currently I'm writing Lust. It's going well. Also, a little birdie told me that Spice is working on the cover of Lust. I can't wait to see what they're going to give me! I'm also working on the proposal for Vanity, and I'm really happy with it. It's going well, and there's a scene that I've written for the book that has me realy excited. The iron was hot and I had to strike. I love, love, love this scene. And I have to thank Barbara, and Ashley for giving me the kick in the ass I needed to believe that this scene could work, and fire up the reader! So, thanks guys!!!

Well, I'm all fluffed out! I hope everyone has a great weekend! And don't forget to sign up for my newsletter. There's a good contest, and some chances coming up to win some signed copies of Velvet Haven!

Be Well!

8 comments:

  1. OH Sophie!!!! This is some of the greatest fluff I have had in a while!! Girl you are rocking! I got an email the other day that Velvet Haven is on its way to me... Yay!!! Now if my post office people would stop reading my books before I get them, I would get them in a timely manner! =)
    I don't blame them, I would read them too!! LMBO!

    The pictures are absolutely breathtaking! And Lust... oh gosh! Can not wait to see that one!

    And an early copy of Matthew's story... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! OF course I want it! Hell, I wanted it when I was done with Lindsay story!!!!

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sophie!! I'm looking forward to reading Velvet Haven and I can't wait to see what Lust is all about!!

    Wow, where do you find these pictures? They're GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Cecile, thanks for stopping by! Your comments always bring a big smile to my face! I hope Bran doesn't disappoint!

    Hi Barbara! I'll have to bring you picture trolling with me some time. Most of the time I just use Google Images. They have A LOT of stuff available. You should see the site I found for Fairy Masks!!! ;)
    Lust....I hope it has a kick ass cover, and a good blurb! I'll share it as soon as I get. You know they'll be no holding me back!
    Have a good weekend, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie, I'm absolutely dying to see the covers for LUST and VELVET HAVEN TWO!!!!! My cover whore panties are in a twist over it. All the possibilites....can't wait!!!

    I don't know if I kicked your ass on the scene for VANITY but I did go RAAAARRRRR when you told me about it. LOL!!! Holy gawd did I ever!

    And I love your inspiraton for Annwyn and the goddesses temple, btw. Oh and quick question, do you pronounce Bronwnn as Bron-win?

    Congrats on all your good news girl. I gotta go sign up for your newsletter!

    HUGS, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey VFG! You certainly gave me that kick that made me believe in myself! For sure!!!!

    Definitely you have to sign up for my newsletter! I just found something REALLY cool for the next Annwyn book! :)

    And yep, you're write with the pronounciation. It's Bron-win. It's Welsh Gaelic and means white breast....it'll come into play in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. White breast, huh?

    You know, I'm addicted to the Food Network cake challenges and there's a lady on there with that same name but hers is spelt Bronwyn. She's an amazing cake artist too, btw. I wonder if she knows that's what her name means...

    I'm all signed up on the newsletter. Yay!!

    Hugs, VFG

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos :)


    White breasts, well that is one name, those Welsh

    ReplyDelete